Terms & Conditions
Please take special note of job description outlined in the estimate. Carvel Painting is not required to perform any projects or tasks not specifically listed.
The following procedures will be applied as necessary to your particular job under normal conditions:
- All furnishings and floors will be covered and protected.
- Walls will be scraped, patched, and sanded. They will also be re-inspected and patched as necessary before final coats are applied.
- Fill wall and ceiling cracks with spackling compound, let dry, and sand smooth.
- More advanced cracks will receive an application of fiberglass joint tape, will be spackled and sanded smooth.
- Glossy surfaces and trim will be sanded and cleaned to assure proper paint adhesion.
- Scrape and sand rough areas due to previous paint failure.
- Caulk cracks in wood trim and along wall/trim interface.
- Exposed wood and metal will be primed with the appropriate primer prior to painting.
- Apply a stain sealer to water and tannin wood stains.
- Work areas will be cleaned-up and vacuumed, and debris will be taken away.
- Upon completion, left -over paint will be labeled and left at the job site.
- Hardware to be removed and re-installed or masked off, depending on the situation to provide the best finish. To include: curtain rods, window latches, switch plates and cover plates. Door knobs, thermostats, alarm system hardware will not be removed.
- Carvel Painting warrants labor and material for a period of one (1) year. If paint failure appears, we will supply labor and materials to correct the condition without cost. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied. Our responsibility is limited to correcting the condition as indicated above.
- This warranty excludes, and in no event will Carvel Painting be responsible for consequential or incidental damages caused by accident or abuse, temperature changes, settlement or moisture; i.e., cracks caused by expansion and/or contraction. Cracks will be properly prepared as indicated at time of job, but will not be covered under this warranty.
- Horizontal walking surfaces are excluded from this warranty
- All work is to be completed in a workmanlike manner according to standard practices. Worker/s will remain on job until completion of project. Work site will be cleaned daily and upon project completion. All agreements are contingent upon strikes, accidents, or delays beyond our control.
- Work procedures as per standards of the PDCA (Painting and Decorating Contractors of America) P1-92, P2-92, P3-93, P4-94, P5-94, P7-99 and P6-99.
- Carvel Painting will produce a “properly painted surface”. A “properly painted surface” is one that is uniform in color and sheen. It is one that is free of foreign material, lumps, skins, sags, holidays, misses, strike-through, or insufficient coverage. It is a surface that is free of drips, splatters, spills, or over-spray which the contractors’ workforce causes. Compliance to meeting the criteria of a “properly painted surface” shall be determined when viewed without magnification at a distance of five feet or more under normal lighting conditions and from a normal viewing position.
- Colors must be chosen one (1) week prior to start date. An additional cost will be charged for color changes made after commencement of work.
- Valuable are to be removed from work areas prior to starting jobs. It is the owner’s responsibility to remove wall hangings unless otherwise agreed upon.
- This is only a proposal and your acceptance is subject to our approval in order to make this contract binding.
- If after you agree to this work, you desire any changes of additional work, please contact us as the cost of all revisions must be expressly agreed upon. Workers are instructed not to undertake additional work without authorization.
- Starting date is to be agreed upon verbally. Changes may require additional cost.
- It is essential that the work area be available to us, free from other trades. As a result of trade interference, Carvel Painting may leave the job and additional charges may be incurred.
- Additional colors will be billed out at $100 per color.
- We propose to furnish material and labor – complete and in accordance with the above specifications for the sum stated in the estimate. Individual tasks, if selected, may require additional pricing. Price is valid for thirty (30) days, unless otherwise noted.
Acceptance of Proposal
- Accepting the estimate by email or in any other way including verbally, makes this agreement binding.
- By accepting the estimate, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the terms and conditions outlined in this document.